11/05/2009

Review of Webster's New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition (Book with CD-ROM) (Hardcover)

This is my most trusted dictionary for my own reference and studies. I bought a copy for work and home.

This dictionary is very easy-to-use and gives me full and complete definitions.

When I need to look up a word with an obscure usage or special idiom, I can find it in this dictionary 99% of the time without having to resort to an unabridged dictionary.

I love my New World Collegiate dictionary.

Note: This dictionary is thumb indexed and it benefits from having a dictionary software that runs with Windows XP or later over its previous version.

The Webster's New World College Dictionary is one that has by far the best roots and synonym studies of any Dictionary of the college level that I have seen. It gives Sanskrit roots which is often quite wonderful.

Practical Information:

- clear, readable definitions that provide instant understanding
- thousands of examples of current word usage
- more than 160,000 entries and over 800 illustrations, biographical photographs, and maps
- page and text redesigned for even greater readability
- the official dictionary of the Associated Press

Best, J-P G




Click Here to see more reviews about: Webster's New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition (Book with CD-ROM) (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment