11/21/2009

Review of We Tell Ourselves Stories in Order to Live: Collected Nonfiction (Everyman's Library) (Hardcover)

I checked this out from our local library the other day and it turned out to be a serendipitous find. I've read some of Didion's work previously of which _The Year of the Magical Thinking_ was the most recent.

This compilation was actually fun to read. My favourite pieces were the ones that focused on California or Southern California, respectively. She is a gifted storyteller.

I couldn't help but feel a keen sense of sadness for her with the noted timeline of her life (and historical moments, too). She lost both her parents, then her spouse and two years later her daughter.

I would suggest this book to others. It's a real treasure.



Click Here to see more reviews about: We Tell Ourselves Stories in Order to Live: Collected Nonfiction (Everyman's Library) (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment