10/31/2009

Review of Fight For Your Money: How to Stop Getting Ripped Off and Save a Fortune (Hardcover)

If you are not familiar with David Bach it is time to get to know him. He is truely fighting against the system that is designed to take our money from us legally. After reading his latest book this is what happened:

David,
I just hung up with my cable and phone providers and because of your book:
--I am now saving $25 per month on home phone,
--changed plans on cellular and saved at least $30 per month just on the monthly portion, also got unlimited texting in the plan which I was paying about $20 a month for text over usage.
--The cable company cut my rate by 50% at $49 a month for six months then $20 a month cheaper after that without cutting service at all. We do like our HBO.
Total yearly savings are at least $1320

While I am very glad to be saving I feel like an idiot for allowing it to go own in the past. THe good with the bad you know.

The book also helped me update our wills, verify social security earnings, spend all of our gift cards, roll over an old employer's 401k to my fidelity account, and validated my buying my car that is two years old, lease trade in for 50% off the new car price (Cadillac DTS for $27,000) (this was a few years ago and I have preaching the practice to everyone)

All from reading your book the last couple of days. I would read it and then go to the computer, read some then to the computer. My wife thought I was nuts until I showed her the work I was doing. She still thinks it but not due to this behavior.

This really explains people dislike "the system". Banks, credit cards and just big business in general are all inherently bad and need to be regulated. As a small business owner I was more of the less regulation the better in the past but....

This book will help anyone who takes the time to read it.
Welcome to the Finish Rich World of David Bach

Thanks for reading,
Tom and Wanda Kennedy



Click Here to see more reviews about: Fight For Your Money: How to Stop Getting Ripped Off and Save a Fortune (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment