3/17/2010

Review of Jewish Schizophrenia in the Land of Israel: In the Land of Israel (Hardcover)

I have visited Israel many times, and have always been facinated by its multifacited personality. Rabbi David Forman put into words for me the contradictions that I have always felt about Israel.

I found the book to be insightful, and he put a new spin on so many aspects of Israeli society. While his approach is definitely liberal, his analysis is often objective. I particularly liked his introduction where he put the conflicts of Israel into an historical perspective, tracing them from biblical times to the present.

If one wants to learn not only about the larger issues in Israel but also about everday events, then this it the right book. I might add that Rabbi Forman's humor in the second part of the book was most refreshing.

I highly recommend "Jewish Schizophrenia in the Land of Israel." It is informative, thorough and orginal. Most significantly, it really provides the reader with an excellent understanding of all the moral, political, social and religious dilemmas that Israel faces.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Jewish Schizophrenia in the Land of Israel: In the Land of Israel (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment