12/13/2009

Review of Stories from a Moron: Real Stories Rejected by Real Magazines (Hardcover)

Review By Nick Evangelista:

I was one of "Ed Broth's" editorial contactees for this book(FENCERS QUARTERLY MAGAZINE). From day one, I just thought this individual was a raving looney. He kept submitting stories to me about his underwear and shorty pajamas, which really had nothing at all to do with the type of magazine I publish. My greatest fear was that "Ed" would show up unannounced on my front porch dressed in said shortie pajamas. The guy seemed kind of obsessed about his p.j.'s.It was a great relief to find out that his submissions were actually part of a book.

With that said, "Stories from a Moron" is very funny. In fact,it gets funnier on subsequent readings (I think). "Ed Broth's" unflagging literary assaults on reality, pushing his stuff energetically at the wrongest of wrong magazine markets, over and over and over again, made me laugh so hard, my wife, who is a nurse, thought I was choking on food.

"Stories from Moron" is the funniest book I've read in a long time.





Click Here to see more reviews about: Stories from a Moron: Real Stories Rejected by Real Magazines (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment