12/31/2009

Review of Grow Your Money!: 101 Easy Tips to Plan, Save, and Invest (Hardcover)

This is a wonderful educational book on numerous areas of personal finance.It includes topics such as:

Buying and Maintaining a Home
Profiting from a Fabulous Career
Reducing Taxes
Investing in Stocks, Bonds and Real Estate
Retirement Planning
Estate Planning and Insurance
Educating Children about Money and Personal Finance

This is the most comprehensive finance book I've read and it's easy to read with some humor thrown in here and there.The author uses numerous detailed examples to illustrate his points which really help the reader understand the ideas.The book also has a companion website where the reader can go for more information or more up-to-date information as this book ages.

This is not a book that has to be read cover-to-cover.I did that, but if you want to find topics relevant to you, the author includes an age-based checklist in the front.I also really like that the end of the book includes a checklist by month of the things you should be doing throughout the year.It makes keeping up with your finances look less daunting!

The author made it easy for me to come away from the book with my own "To-Do" list, so I definitely got something out of reading this book!I also gained some new perspectives on certain areas - for example, it's a good idea to plan for early retirement because some people plan to retire later, but end up having to retire early.(You don't want to run out of money)I think the author has good insight and great ideas and I agree with his financial strategies.

Great book for all to read!



Click Here to see more reviews about: Grow Your Money!: 101 Easy Tips to Plan, Save, and Invest (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment