4/07/2010

Review of Wealthy Choices: The Seven Competencies of Financial Success (Hardcover)

One of the most unique financial advice books today, "Wealthy Choices: The 7 Competencies of Financial Success" teaches sound financial advice is a very open and reader friendly manner.Instead of massive discussion of theory, the book teaches by creating short, realistic vignettes and then explaining what is going on.These vignettes are situations that are sure to strike a responsive chord for many people.For example, one of them reads "How are you, Elise?How am I? You really want to know?My 401(K) statements say I have less money; the credit card company says I owe more money; I'm not having any fun; my checkbook doesn't balance; the machine ate my debit card; I didn't get to watch the videos I'm paying a late charge for; I can't find a house I can afford; and I got a bad haircut.... I'm losing it." Author Penelope Tzougros then goes on to explain what is going on, what needs to be done or how to view the situation, and what to do.

The seven competencies discussed are Valuing, Paying the Bills, Losing, Leveraging, Dreaming, Growing, and Gifting.These are not only important competencies that must be understood to achieve financial success but they are also the areas that cause the most stress in a relationship.When two people have different value systems between money, leisure, assets, etc. things can become very stressful very quickly.Dr. Tzougros does an excellent job of helping people to see where things are just differences in style and philosophy and where they are sound financial principles.This is one of the best books available for the average person untrained in financial theory who just wants to get control of their finances and achieve their goals.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Wealthy Choices: The Seven Competencies of Financial Success (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment